Welcome to Top 7 Tuesday, your one-stop blog stop for all that's spiritual, interesting, useful and maybe even fun.
1. Tomorrow is the feast of St. Joseph, the spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the foster father of Jesus and a "just man." Pope Pius IX declared him patron of the universal Church in 1870, and Pope Benedict XV named him protector of workers. He's also the patron of social justice (named by Pope Pius XI). He's often depicted in liturgical art as an elderly man with a lily; other times, he's shown with the Christ Child. Read more
about him from Our Sunday Visitor's Encyclopedia of Saints, Revised
, by Matthew Bunson.
2. Why not celebrate St. Joseph with some special recipes? We have some on our Pinterest
page. You'll find lots of other Catholic-inspired recipes for Lent, plus more. Didn't know we were on Pinterest
? Follow all our boards for great infographics from OSV Newsweekly, OSV author news and new books, Teaching Catholic Kids activities, Pope Francis news and even social media help!
3. Speaking of social media, don't miss this article from Time.com
about your Facebook privacy settings. It's a great step-by-step guide. Even if you've given up FB for Lent, you'll want everything in shape for April 21.
4. Everyone's talking about NCAA March Madness. But how about those Lady Cougars
of Fort Wayne's own University of St. Francis? They'll be playing in the NAIA championship game tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET. USF is a Franciscan-sponsored liberal arts university with 2,300 students, and many of our Huntington, Ind., office are alumni. Go Lady Cougs!
5. Speaking of March Madness, over at Busted Halo
they're celebrating Pope Francis' first year with 'Pope Francis Madness' — an opportunity for you to vote for your favorite Pope Francis moment. It's down to the Final Four so head on over and weigh in
6. Our fearless leader, OSV publishing president and publisher Greg Erlandson, was on the Son Rise Morning Show today talking about the priest shortage and other Church issues. Read his column here
. Then download the podcast
and listen to his interview with host (and OSV author) Matt Swaim.
7. Not feeling happy? Maybe this will help.
Cathy Dee is social media editor.