For our web visitors!
April 2007 Extras
On this page:
Click to be taken directly to the section.
Read More In-Depth
Read expanded versions of articles in this month's issue of Take Out by clicking on the following links:
Find Resources On-line
Celebrate Earth Day
Books Books Books
- Our Lady visited St. Bernadette at the spring at Lourdes. For more information on Lourdes, click here. To place your petition on line at the Grotto, click here.
- For the story of the life of Blessed Mary of the Incarnation, click here.
Pennies, Nickles and Dimes
Save your coins and help the poor. Visit Food for the Poor for more information.
See stars here at a Virtual Planetarium.
Gospel Readings and Family Question for March
April 1: Luke 22:14-23:56 or 23:1-49 (Jesus' Last Hours)
Often our own story can be seen in Jesus’ story: Do I fall down? Am I rejected? At the same time, others in our world walk in Jesus’ story. Who is rejected? Who falls down? How can Jesus’ example help us deal with difficult things in our lives? With which characters in the Passion story do you most identify? Why?
April 8: John 20: 1-9 (The Resurrection of Jesus)
What things/people give you/us new life/joy/hope? What signs of Jesus’ resurrection do you see in your life? In our family life? How can we use these signs to remind us of God’s love? What is a good symbol of Jesus’ resurrection for our family? Make an Easter candle for your home. Who needs us to bring new life to them?
April 15: John 20:19-31 (Jesus Appears to the Disciples)
How would you feel if you were a disciple and Jesus said, “Peace be with you?” When are you the most peaceful? What do you think of when you heard the word “reconciliation?” To whom should you/we offer forgiveness and peace? Be the first to apologize and forgive this week: in your family, with your friends, at school and work. Write a family prayer of forgiveness; have a family service of forgiveness. What is it about the story of Jesus’ life that gives us the most hope? Jesus tells us that we are blest in believing in Him. Write “I believe” statements about Jesus. What do you believe about Jesus?
April 22: John 21: 1-19 (Jesus and the Catch of Fish)
What are the different ways people ask, “Do you love me?” If you had been in this Gospel story, what would you have done/said? Peter recognized Jesus on the shore. Where do you/recognize Jesus today? Jesus’ appearance strengthened the apostles’ faith. How do you strengthen your faith? Jesus saw how hard the apostles were working; He knew they’d be hungry, so He prepared a meal. Think of people who work hard for us. How can we help them.
April 29: John 10:27-30 (Jesus and the Father are One)
When has Jesus helped you through a difficult time? How can we help someone who is having a difficult time? How do you hear the voice of the Holy Spirit? How will we hear it this week? Where do you go to listen to the Spirit’s voice? What are some things you’ve heard from Jesus that have helped in your life? Sometimes things around us block Jesus’ messages. What might block Jesus’ words to us?
Prayer for April
PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF LOURDES
- Mary, you showed yourself to Bernadette in the crevice of the rock.
- In the cold and grey of winter, you brought the warmth, light and beauty of your presence,
- In the often obscure depths of our lives, in the depth of the world where evil is so powerful, bring hope, return our confidence!
- You are the Immaculate Conception, come to our aid, sinners that we are.
- Give us the humility to have a change of heart, the courage to do penance.
- Teach us to pray for all people.
- Guide us to the source of true life.
- Make us pilgrims going forward with your Church, whet our appetite for the Eucharist, the bread for the journey, the bread of life.
- The Spirit brought about wonders in you, O Mary :by his power, he has placed you near the Father, in the glory of your eternal Son.
- Look with kindness on our miserable bodies and hearts.
- Shine forth for us, like a gentle light, at the hour of our death.
- Together with Bernadette, we pray to you, O Mary, as your poor children.
- May we enter, like her, into the spirit of the Beatitudes.
- Then, we will be able, here below, begin to know the joy of the Kingdom of Heaven and sing together with you : Magnificent !
- Glory to you, Virgin Mary, blessed servant of the Lord, Mother of God, dwelling place of the Holy Spirit!