Free download – Keep Lent Simple: The 1-1-1 Plan
Free download – A Guide to Holy Week
Browse and share Lenten recipes on our Pinterest page!
Watch and share our 'Living Lent' video! Click the Share icon to pass it along.
'Lent: Keep It Simple with the 1-1-1-Plan'
Also check out Busted Halo's video, Ash Wednesday and Lent in 2 Minutes
1. Slow Down - Set aside 10 minutes a day for silent prayer or meditation. It will revitalize your body and your spirit.
2. Read a good book - You could choose the life of a saint, a spiritual how-to, an inspirational book or one of the pope's new books.
3. Be kind - Go out of your way to do something nice for someone else every day.
4. Get involved - Attend a Lenten lecture or spiritual program.
5. Volunteer at your parish - Whether it's the parish fish fry, cleaning the church or helping with the food drive, it will give you a chance to help others.
6. Reach out - Invite an inactive Catholic to come with you to receive ashes on Ash Wednesday.
7. Pray - Especially for people you don't like and for people who don't like you.
8. Tune out - Turn off the television and spend quality time talking with family members or friends.
9. Clean out closets - Donate gently used items to the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
10. Donate - Google "Catholic Missions." Then pick one mission and decide how you can help by sending money, clothing or supplies.
More help for making Lent meaningful
blog comments powered by Disqus
Catholic Faith Resources | For Catholic Parishes | Order OSV Products | RSS | Advertise | About Us | Contact Us | Jobs